20 March, 2024

Invitation

 Menentukan ungkapan yang berhubungan dengan undangan

Inviting (mengundang/mengajak)

 

Undangan/Ajakan

Menolak

Menerima

- let’s + V1           

- Why don’t we …?            

- How about…?

- I’d like to invite you to…

- Would you like to…?

- I wonder if you’d like to

- I’m sorry I can’t

- I’d like to but…

- I’m afraid I can’t

- No, let’s not.

 

- I’d love to

- I’d like very much

- I’d be happy/glad to

   accept

- Yes, I’d be delighted to.

- That’s good idea

Invitation digunakan untuk mengajak melakukan sesuatu.

Contoh kalimat:

"What are you doing next Saturday? We're having some people over for a meal. Would you like to come?"

"Would you be interested in coming to the cinema with me tonight?"

"How do you fancy going out for a meal at the weekend?"

Would you like to come to my party?”

“I wonder whether you could come to my party.”

 “How about having dinner”

 “Would you like to join us?”

Accepting

"I'd love to, thanks."

"That's very kind of you, thanks."

"That sounds lovely, thanks."

“I’m pleased to do that”

“It would be great.”

 “My pleasure.”

“That sounds great.”

“That sound fun.”

“Sure, I’d love to.”

“I’d like to, thanks”

Declining

"That's very kind of you, but actually I'm doing something else on Saturday."

"Well, I'd love to, but I'm already going out to the cinema."

"I'm really sorry, but I've got something else on."

"I really don't think I can – I'm supposed to be doing something else."

“I’m sorry I can’t. But, thank you anyway.”

“Thank you, but I have another program.”

“I wish I could, but I have an important thing to do”

 

Example:

Umar     : Why don’t we eat fried rice?

Amal      : That’s good idea

 

 

Latihan Soal!

1.       Hilmi              : Hi, Anwar. Where shall we go this afternoon?

Anwar           : Well, ...

Hilmi              : Sounds good! It serves good quality of coffee.

  1. Shall we dance together?
  2. Do you feel like singing at “Nina” karaoke?
  3. How about calling Nita to join us?
  4. What about having some drinks at the plaza?

2.       Mona             : Dinda, would you like to come to my school party tomorrow night?

Dinda            : ... But I’m afraid I can’t. Wendy has asked me to join her tomorrow night for a party, too.

  1. My pleasure                       
  2. It would be great
  3. I’m pleased to do that        
  4. I’m really sorry

3.       Rini               : Hello Erna!

Erna              : Hi Rini, are you busy now?

Rini               : Yes, I’m preparing for my birthday party....?

Erna              : I’d love too.

  1. Would you like to give me a present              
  2. What will you need in your birthday party
  3. Would you like to come to my birthday party
  4. Would you mind coming to any party

4.       Ferly              : Next Sunday I’m going to have a birthday party to celebrate my birthday... to

                        the party.

Henry            : I’d love too.

  1. I’d like to come                  
  2. I’d like you to come
  3. Won’t you come in                           
  4. Will you invite me

5.       Budi              : Hello, this is Budi.

Eko               : Hi, Budi. Are you doing anything at the moment?

Budi              : No, why?

Eko               : ...

Budi              : O.K. Pick me up!

  1. Let’s stop swimming          
  2. Swim as long as you can
  3. Please have a swim                         
  4. Let’s go swimming

6.       Tanti              : Will you ... to my party this evening?

Indra             : That’s OK.

  1. Coming
  2. Come
  3. Comes
  4. to come

7.       Cahya           : ... please visit me this evening?

Kamila           : That’s OK.

  1. When do you have time
  2. Do you have time?
  3. Pardon me
  4. If you have time

8.       Robby           : Hi, Yuni. Are you free this evening?

Yuni              :  A moment. Well, I’m free. What’s the matter?

Robby           : Would you like to come to have dinner with my family in my house?

Yuni              : ...

Robby           : OK. I’ll pick you up at 4.

  1. I’d love to
  2. I’m sorry, I can’t
  3. I’d love to but I have something to do this evening.
  4. I’m afraid,I can’t

9.       If you don’t mind I’ll you to come to my house this evening.

  1. Wants
  2. Invite
  3. Want

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Invitation

  Menentukan ungkapan yang berhubungan dengan undangan Inviting (mengundang/mengajak)   Undangan/Ajakan Menolak ...